Jul-Sep: 10am-6pm; Oct-Jun: telephone for timetable
The ruined castle of the lords of Fauquemont dominates the town. Only a few sections of wall and lancet arches remain of this fortress which was begun around 1115 and was the target of many sieges. The fortress was razed in 1672 on the order of King-Stadhouder Willem III. From the terrace, admire the lovely views of the town and the verdant Geul valley.