guided tour only by prior booking with visitor centre
Built from 1321 to 1382 in the Gothic style and restored at the start of the 20C, this campanile influenced many of the country's bell towers. It is the highest one in the country. It was once linked by an arch to the nave of the cathedral but the latter was destroyed in 1674 by a hurricane which devastated the town. Its three stepped-back storeys rise elegantly to a height of 112m. The bells of the carillon are by the Hemony brothers. From the upper gallery there is a magnificent panoramic view over the town and the province.