end Apr-end Sep - opening days and times are indicated on the main door of the cathedral, or call [TEL] 04 92 61 54 50
The cathedral was built inside the pomoerii (a Latin word later distorted into pommiers or "apple trees"), which is to say between the town walls, between 1160 and 1220. With its three naves, it is one of the largest religious buildings in Provence. The alternate use of black and white blocks in the doorway is indicative of the influence of Lombardy. Take a good look at the reliefs and capitals: they form a frieze full of funny-looking animals. Inside, paintings by Mignard, Van Loo and Coypel, and others.