This convent was founded in 714 AD by St Rupert and run by his niece, St Erentrude, according to Benedictine rules. This is the oldest convent for women in a German-speaking country. The church dates from the end of the 15C (Late Gothic). It has retained a sculpted Romanesque tympanum and 12C frescoes under the choir. The high altar is adorned by a Gothic altarpiece. Also worthy of note are the crypt and its 18-column ribbed vault, as well as St John's Chapel with an altarpiece dating from 1498.
Itinerário a partir deste lugar
Itinerário para este lugar
Itinerário passando por este lugar
Hotéis à proximidade
Restaurantes à proximidade
Sítios turísticos à proximidadeSítios turísticos à proximidade