closed to visitors, free access to inner courtyard and staircase; access to other halls for concerts or exhibitions
Designed by architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach, Clam-Gallas Palace was built between 1713 and 1719 for Johann Wenzel, Count Gallas. This Baroque building is one of the grandest in the Old Town. The statues on the façade, including the two pairs of atlases, are by Matthias Bernard Braun, Prague's greatest sculptor. The palace now houses the city's archives. From time to time, concerts are given in one of the palace's magnificent rooms or, in summer, in the pleasant courtyard.