Located opposite Montsouris park, the campus Cité accommodates students of 140 different nationalities in 40 houses. Each house has its own life with an architecture that is often reminiscent of the country that founded the house. The first house was the Fondation Deutsch-de-la-Meurthe (1925). The Maison internationale (1936) with a swimming pool and theatre, was donated by John D. Rockefeller Jr. The Swiss Foundation and the Franco-Brazilian Foundation are both the work of French architect, Le Corbusier.