This Jesuit church was built between 1583 and 1597. It was the first church built in the Renaissance style north of the Alps. Note the façade that is decorated with 15 statues of kings escorting the archangel Saint Michael. The single nave is topped with a gigantic barrel vault resting on massive pillars that are set into the walls. The princes of Wittelsbach are buried in the crypt.