Apr-Oct: 2pm-6pm; rest of year: daily except Sun 2pm-6pm - closed Mon, 2 weeks at the end of the year, 1 May, 1 Nov
Jean-Jacques Rousseau lived in this house from 1757 to 1762 with his companion, Thérèse Levasseur. The museum relates his daily life in the house, cut short by Parliament's decision to have him arrested following the publication of Emile. A tree-lined pathway leads to the «keep», the pavilion where Jean-Jacques used to work. Giving onto the garden, the «Maison des Commères» houses the library of the J-J. Rousseau study group and the Montmorency Historical Study Centre.