Malbrouck castle
Rue du Château, 57480 Manderen Itinerários
O Guia Verde

Informações práticas

Horários de abertura

Jul-Aug: 10am-6pm; rest of year: daily except weekends 10am-5pm - closed Mon, Dec-Mar (telephone for timetable), 1 May


The imposing château that stands atop the wooded hill of Meinsberg was constructed between 1419 and 1434. Having been passed from owner to owner, the fortress eventually fell to the Duke of Marlborough, who installed his headquarters here in 1705, during the War of the Spanish Succession. The château was eventually to take on his name (Malbrouck being a distorted version of Marlborough) and the French composed the song Malbrouck s'en va-t-en guerre in his honour. It ended up in ruins in the 19C. Restoration of the castle, carried out from 1991 to 1998, has restored it to its former glory.


  • Itinerário a partir deste lugar
  • Itinerário para este lugar
  • Itinerário passando por este lugar
  • Hotéis à proximidade
  • Restaurantes à proximidade

O que ver e fazerpor perto

Onde dormirpor perto

Onde comerpor perto

O Guia Verde

Compre na