end Mar-early Nov: 2.30pm and 4pm - self-guided tour of park - closed Sat
Built from 1930, this pastiche of the Grand Trianon was born out of the outrageous project of the Rhétoré brothers who wanted to enlarge their small 19C Neogothic castle. The result is a huge façade in Charentes stone, formal gardens and a superbly furnished and eclectically appointed north wing. The edifice was subsequently neglected and almost disappeared until it was taken over by new management in the 2010s. Definitely worth exploring!