10am-6pm, Mon 2pm-6pm - closed Tue, 1 Jan, 1 May, 14 Jul, 1 Nov, 25 Dec
Built between 1887 and 1892, this summer palace was extended in the 1990s by the architects Jean-Marc Ibos et Myrto Vitart to include a narrow 70m x 6.50m building, the glass façade of which reflects the image of the back of the main building. The garden is situated between the buildings. At the centre, a glass aperture allows light to enter the temporary exhibition rooms below. The museum's superb collections are now displayed in an area covering 22 000m2.