According to legend, the church of the Assumption was built in 11 days. In any case, one thing is certain: it was built in 1817; however, the tower dates from 1896. Seen from the outside, the edifice features deep-blue walls and a large garden-cemetery (grave of Todor Kableškov, the leader of the 1876 uprising). The interior, with its ancient stove, has a certain charm. It contains an iconostasis carved by Hadži Georgi, a master of the Trjarvna school, and icons (1837-38) painted by Zahari Zograf among other artists.