Apr-Oct and Dec: 11am-3pm, weekends and Bank Hols 10am-4pm; Jan-Mar: 10am (included in guided tour of the town) - closed 24 Dec
The Hall of Allegiance was converted into a municipal council room in 1450, and magnificently decorated in around 1510. On the walls above the sculpted woodwork can be seen effigies of Roman emperors and Sybils in Renaissance costume. On the ceiling, figures of prophets and evangelists frame scenes from the childhood of Christ. Look out for the adjacent chapel, which contains several treasures (silver drinking cup, New Testament from Goslar and arm reliquary of St Margaret).