2
St Augustine's Abbey
Long Port, Canterbury CT1 1PF Itinerários
O Guia Verde

Informações práticas

Horários de abertura

Apr-Sep: 10am-6pm; Oct 10am-5pm; Nov-Mar: weekends and Bank Hols 10am-4pm

Descrição

The abbey was founded in 597 by St Augustine. Significant ruins remain from the large abbey church from the Romanesque period which replaced the Saxon buildings. Here you will also find remains of Saxon tombs and, to the east, St Pancras Church, a former pagan temple which was converted into a church by Christians. The abbey was dissolved in 1538 and the church demolished. What remains of the abbey is now occupied by St Augustine's College. The main gate from the early 14C is of particular interest.

Localização

  • Itinerário a partir deste lugar
  • Itinerário para este lugar
  • Itinerário passando por este lugar
  • Hotéis à proximidade
  • Restaurantes à proximidade

O que ver e fazerpor perto

  • O Guia Verde
    286 m - Mercery Lane, Canterbury CT1 2EH
  • O Guia Verde
    351 m - North Holmes Road, Canterbury CT1 1NH
  • 488 m - Butchery Lane, Canterbury CT1 2JR

Onde dormirpor perto

Onde comerpor perto