This bridge, built between 1890 and 1896, enables the canal running lateral to the Loire to cross the river and meet up with the Briare canal. The metallic structure containing the canal is made up of plates held together by millions of rivets. It is 662m/2,171ft long, 11m/36ft wide and rests on 15 masonry piers. It has a draught of 2.2m/7.2ft. The tow paths are ideal for walks by the water.