castle closed to visitors - gardens open to visitors 9am-4pm
This castle stands on the edge of the Mastbos, a beautiful wood of pine and oak trees crisscrossed by cycle tracks and bridle paths. The name of the castle derives from the word boeverije, meaning "lowland prairie". It is flanked by a lofty, octagonal, onion-domed tower and surrounded by a wide moat. It is first mentioned in an official act in 1554.